Old Masters - Young Traditions
Erasmus+ Youth Exchange project in Szeged, Hungary (31/08/2016 -11/09/2016).
Project implemented by Kisködmön Association (Hungary) in partnership with Fundacja "Zielony Słoń".
Programe of the Youth exchange in Szeged:
1. Past: We focus on the roots of the participants, what defines them including the presentation of the local values, heritage of their own communities. This provides the opportunity for participants to get to know each other’s cultural foundations and explore the diversity of the group
2. Present: Focusing on the community forming during the exchange, learning allows the development of creativity, getting acquainted with different materials and techniques. Beside this, we also reflect on the possibility of using (reusing) traditional knowledge and materials in this day and age.
3. Future: Planning and building of a public community space in Szeged using the learnt materials and techniques. At the same time focusing the attention of the group to the responsible, creative participation in the environment surrounding them. Dissemination, follow up, closing: In the last, third phase of the project, participants report on the project results at their communities at home, they survey the possibilities of utilizing the acquired knowledge at home. Partners make the project results available for a wide audience with the help of the participants. The evaluation of the project also takes place in this phase on several levels (participant, group, organisational levels).
The Participants need to be prepared for the worskhops they will take, in which they will show and work with their own local treasuries, heritage and knowledge. We kindly ask the youngsters to search for personal experiences in the theme (local masters of traditions, gastronomy, dance, etc.) On the Youth Exchange they will have to share this knowledge with the other participants through non-formal learning methods. We won't give you any more technical or temathical details, it's up to the youngsters creativity: what does their roots mean to them, what is the part of their local identity and how they would like to introduce this to the others (at least 5 hours).
There is no participation fee. Food, accommodation and local travel costs (only during the activity program) will be covered 100% by the grant from the Hungarian National Agency of Erasmus+.
When you are selected for participation, please keep in mind the following instructions:
Travel costs reimbursement limit for Polish participants is 170 euro.
Important: DO NOT buy tickets before 1st August (you can book them, and pay after the 1th August – on the price, when you booked them – but the officially projekt start is the 1th August).
Reimbursement according to the rules of the Hungarian National Agency. Travel reimbursements can only be made by bank transfer to the Partner Organization and based on the real costs.
The bank transfer will be executed after (and up to the budget limit):
1. receiving all of the original documents (receipts, invoices, boarding passes and reimbursement claim) by post,
2. filling the form generated by the National Agency online evaluation through the Mobility Tool,
3. dissemination of results.
Rules for reimbursement:
1. Only the cheapest means of transportation will be accepted between the country of the Partner Organization and the venue;
2. Only uninterrupted travel expenses incurred within the activity start and end dates can be accepted for reimbursement;
3. The bank transfers costs can not covered by the project;
4. In order to avoid unnecessary stress and problems (e.g. loss of documents by the post) please send us scanned copies of all documents by email before sending by post.
5. All expenses must be converted to euros using the official exchange rate of the European Central Bank (ECB) on the date when the expense was paid. Link to ECB
6. In case the participant(s) fail(s) to engage in the activity(ies) daily program due to late arrival or early departure and not attending 100% of the sessions, the amount granted per participant per day will be deducted from the travel reimbursement.
For travel cost please ask an invoice for the Hungarian coordinating organization's name:
A Veszélyeztetett Szűcsmesterség Megőrzéséért Egyesület
Juharfás u 4/b
THE EVENT IN SZEGED, HUNGARY
The Youth Exchange is taking place on : 31/08/2016 - 11/09/2016 (travel day: 11/09) in Szeged, Hungary.
The Green Elephant Foundation is entitled to send 4+1 participants from Poland: 4 people aged 17-25 and 1 group leader (no age limit).
The project is organized in the partnership of:
A Veszelyeztetett Szucsmesterseg Megorzeseert Egyesulet - Hungary
Fundacja „Zielony Slon” - Poland
Green Spirit - Greece
ASSOCIAZIONE CULTURALE STRAUSS - Italy
Espírito de Mudança - Associação Juvenil - Portugal
Shokkin Group Turkey – Turkey
Each of the partners is sending its group 4+1 to the event in Szeged, Hungary.
Within the framework of the project Old Masters – Young Traditions, we wish to implement a youth exchange in partnership with five European organisations with the inclusion of disadvantaged youth. During the project, we combine the development of cultural conscience and expression (with the emphasizing of the role of local knowledge, old professions, teaching of environment-friendly, sustainable methods and techniques) with community development, and responsibility towards the local environment and community.
The aims of the project:
form mutual tolerance among participating organisations and young people. Form international youth cooperation among organisations with similar profiles, laying the foundation of future joint personal and organisational work
Relationship-building, sharing experiences and viewpoints regarding the topic
Development of the key competences of participating young people (among them, disadvantaged) primarily in the areas of cultural consciousness and expression, social activity and inclusion with the employment of motivating and creative crafting methods
We use natural materials in our project (wood, clay/mud, leather), with which, we would like to emphasize the opportunities of using environment-friendly materials in this day and age.
Emphasizing the important of local heritage, local knowledge, primarily learning techniques of old professions.
Deepening of the self-awareness of participating youth and the realization of their role and responsibility in their local communities, support of their active social role, development of their entrepreneurship skills and competences in order to allow them to make positive changes in their narrow and wide environment.
Fostering intercultural dialogue and intercultural sensitivity among participants. - Dissemination of achieved results.
Eligible Participants from Poland
4 people aged 17-25
1 group leader (no aged limit)
SAFETY AND INSURANCE
Travel and accident insurance is a responsibility of the participants. You shall obtain the European Health Insurance Card in your city. it's free and gives you access to medical care of the host country. You are also advised to buy a regular travel and/ or accident insurance during your travel and your whole stay.
Apply by clicking the button below until 22/07/2016. Fill out the application form (in Polish or English). We will inform you about the results of selection by the end of July at latest
The applicants chosen for participation will receive then additional information pack and registration form from the coordinating organization. If you are chosen for participation, remember the 1st August is the first day you can buy travel tickets (Programe rules). If you buy earlier, it will not be reimbursed from the travel grant.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission.This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.