„Europe through all senses”
Erasmus+ Youth Exchange project in Daugavpils, Latvia (02/11/2016 -13/11/2016).
Project implemented by Society „Erolg” (Latvia) in partnership with Fundacja "Zielony Słoń".
WHEN YOU ARE SELECTED FOR PARTICIPATION, PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS:
Before the project:
prepare traditional dance master class;
select 2-3 national songs;
make a presentation about your own country
choose a traditional dish recipee which you will be able to cook during the Youth Exchange...
There is no participation fee. Food, accommodation and local travel costs (only during the activity program) will be covered 100% by the grant from the Latvian National Agency of Erasmus+.
Travel costs reimbursement limit for Polish participants is 170 euro.
Important: DO NOT buy tickets before 1st August (you can book them, and pay after the 1th August – on the price, when you booked them – but the officially projekt start is the 1th August).
The reimbursement will be executed after:
1. receiving by the host organization/coordinator (Latvian) all of the original documents (receipts, invoices, boarding passes and reimbursement claim),
2. filling the online evaluation form generated and sent to each participant by the National Agency Mobility Tool,
Rules for reimbursement:
1. Only the cheapest means of transportation will be accepted between the country of the Partner Organization and the venue;
2. Only uninterrupted travel expenses incurred within the activity start and end dates can be accepted for reimbursement;
3. The bank transfers costs can not covered by the project;
4. In order to avoid unnecessary stress and problems (e.g. loss of documents by the post) please send us scanned copies of all documents by email before sending by post.
5. All expenses will be converted to euros using the official exchange rate of the European Central Bank (ECB) on the date when the expense was paid. Link to ECB
6. In case the participant(s) fail(s) to engage in the activity(ies) daily program due to late arrival or early departure and not attending 100% of the sessions, the amount granted per participant per day will be deducted from the travel reimbursement.
THE EVENT IN DAUGAVPILS, LATVIA
The Youth Exchange is taking place on 02/11/2016 - 13/11/2016 in Daugavpils, Latvia. The Green Elephant Foundation is entitled to send 5+1 participants from Poland: 5 people aged 18-30 and 1 group leader (no age limit).
Before the youth exchange, all the partners take part in Advanced Planning Visit (APV). The Green Elephant Foundation is additionally also sending the group leader and one youth participant to APV. The Advanced Planning Visit is organized also in Daugavpils, Latvia, on 01/10 - 04/10/2016. The group leader and one participant take part in both APV and the Youth Exchange later on.
The project is organized in the partnership of:
Society „Erolg” (Latvia)
Bulgarian Youth Association (Bulgaria)
Mittetulundusühing VitaTiim (Estonia)
Fundacja "Zielony Slon" (Poland)
Associação Liláz (Portugal)
Each of the partners is sending its group of 2 people to APV and later 5+1 to the Youth Exchange Latvia.
Project activities are planned for 30 youths and youth leaders from different countries. The main objective of this project is to involve youngsters from different European countries in activities based on five senses- hear, taste, smell, touch and see in thus way helping them to understand the cultural differences of each state and discover the common roots.
All project activities will be divided into the following parts:
HEAR- traditional music workshops;
SEE- sightseeing the museums of Daugavpils, Old Street, trip by a tram, photo game;
TOUCH-national dances master classes. Through the physicality and the touch of the other during the dance, the participants will understand each other better;
TASTE AND SMELL- cooking workshops. Each national group prepare traditional and the most popular for the each country meal.
Eligible Participants from Poland
5 people aged 18-30
1 group leader (no aged limit)
At least 50% of the participants shall be youngsters with fewer opportunities: rural residents, youth from low-income families, ethic minorities, young people with learning difficulties and socially excluded, so please do not forget to declare such opportunities in your applicaiton form.
One participant and the group leader from the above mentioned group will have to take part in APV on 01/10 - 04/10/2016.
SAFETY AND INSURANCE
Travel and accident insurance is a responsibility of the participants. You shall obtain the European Health Insurance Card (EKUZ in Poland) in your city. It's free and gives you access to medical care of the host country. You are also advised to buy a regular travel and/ or accident insurance during your travel and your whole stay.
Apply by clicking the button below until 29/07/2016. Fill out the application form (in Polish or English). We will inform you about the results of selection by the end of July at latest
The applicants chosen for participation will receive then additional information pack and registration form from the coordinating organization. If you are chosen for participation, remember the 1st August is the first day you can buy travel tickets (Programe rules). If you buy earlier, it will not be reimbursed from the travel grant.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission.This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.